Faf du Plessis is a South African International Cricketer. He made his first international appearance in an ODI against India at Newlands, Jan 18, 2011. He is the fourth South African to score a Test century on debut.
Full Name: Francois du Plessis
Birth Date: July 13, 1984
Nationality: South Africa
Jersey Number: 18
Height: 6 ft 1 in
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm leg-break
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
Faf du Plessis’s International and IPL Debut
Test debut vs Australia at Adelaide Oval, Nov 22, 2012
Last Test vs England at The Wanderers Stadium, Jan 24, 2020
ODI debut vs India at Newlands, Jan 18, 2011
Last ODI vs Australia at Emirates Old Trafford, Jul 06, 2019
T20 debut vs England at Riverside Ground, Sep 08, 2012
Last T20 vs Australia at Newlands, Feb 26, 2020
IPL debut vs Mumbai Indians at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Apr 04, 2012
Last IPL vs Mumbai Indians at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, May 12, 2019
Faf du Plessis Record’s
- He is the second cricketer to score centuries in all international formats as captain, after Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan.
- He is the first batsman to score centuries in all three formats of cricket at a single venue (Johannesburg).
- He is the first South African to score a century in all international formats.
- He is the first player to score a century in an innings of a day/night Test as captain.
- He holds the record of the second-highest individual score (185) by a South African player in ODI.
- On 17 December 2014, Du Plessis set the record for playing the most number of international cricket innings before scoring a duck (108) and also became the only batsman to play in over 100 international innings before first-ever duck.