All posts tagged "Ben Stokes"
/ 4 days ago
Moeen Ali and Jonny Bairstow have not been included in England’s Test squad for the ongoing series against the Windies but...
/ 2 weeks ago
Ben Stokes will captain the England side in their first Test against West Indies. This will be the first experience for...
/ 3 weeks ago
A 30-member team was announced by England on Wednesday for the upcoming Test series against West Indies starting July 8. The...
Ben Stokes’ claims of Indian cricket stars not showing enough intent against the Englishmen in the 2019 World Cup were echoed...
Ian Botham in an interaction revealed that he would love to play against Indian captain. Both moreover went on to praise...
Ben Stokes does not think that the upcoming England–West Indies series would be less interesting if played in empty stadiums. In...
/ 6 months ago
While Ben Stokes leads the way at the ICC Awards ceremony this year, a number of Indian cricketers have successfully made...
More about "Ben Stokes"
Ben Stokes is an England International Cricketer. He made his first international appearance in an ODI against Ireland at Castle Avenue, Aug 25, 2011. He was awarded Man of the Match for his role with the bat and ball in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Final.
Full Name: Benjamin Andrew Stokes
Birth Date: June 04, 1991
Birthplace: Canterbury, New Zealand
Jersey Number: 55
Height: 6 ft 0 in
Role: Batting Allrounder
Batting Style: Left-Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm fast-medium
New Zealand, Durham, England, England Lions, England Cricket Board XI, Melbourne Renegades, Rising Pune Supergiant, Canterbury, Rajasthan Royals
Ben Stokes’s International and IPL Debut
Test Debut vs Australia at Adelaide Oval, Dec 05, 2013
ODI Debut vs Ireland at Castle Avenue, Aug 25, 2011
T20 Debut vs Windies at Kennington Oval, Sep 23, 2011
IPL Debut vs Mumbai Indians at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Apr 06, 2017
Ben Stokes Records
- Record for the fastest century by an England batsman (85 balls) against New Zealand in the 1st Test at Lord’s in 2015.
- Record for the fastest double hundred by an England batsman and second fastest in the world (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town in 2015.
- Holds the joint record with Peter Parfitt for the most Test tons by England left-handers from 6 to 11 position.
- 9th ever England cricketer to hit more than 3 centuries and take more than 40 wickets in Tests.
- He and Jonny Bairstow hold the highest 6th wicket stand of 399 runs in a Test match against South Africa.
- Man of the Final in Cricket World Cup 2019.
- He is the fastest to 250 runs in Tests for which he took 196 balls.
- The second-highest number of sixes in a Test inning – 11 sixes.
- Most runs in a Test innings at the sixth position – 258 runs.
- Most runs in the first session of a day in Tests – 130 runs.