The destructive Right-handed batsman is the opener of the Indian team who gives a good start to the team in the initial overs and is also the Vice-captain of the Indian national cricket team in the limited-overs format. He was the highest run-scorer of the World Cup 2019 with (648 runs).
Full Name: Rohit Sharma
Birth Date: April 30, 1987
Jersey Number: 45
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Batting Style: Right-handed Bat
Major Teams: Mumbai, India U19, India Green, India A, Deccan Chargers, India, Mumbai Indians, Indians, India Blue
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
IPL Career Summary
Batting and Fielding
|Year||Matches||Runs||BF||Highest Score||Average||Strike Rate||50s||100s||4s||6s||Catches|
Rohit Sharma’s Test, ODI, and T20I Debut
Test debut vs Windies at Eden Gardens, Nov 06, 2013
Last Test vs Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Dec 26, 2018
ODI debut vs Ireland at Civil Service Cricket Club, Jun 23, 2007
Last ODI vs New Zealand at Emirates Old Trafford, Jul 09, 2019
T20 debut vs England at Kingsmead, Sep 19, 2007
Last T20 vs West Indies at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Aug 04, 2019
IPL debut vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens, Apr 20, 2008
Last IPL vs Chennai Super Kings at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, May 12, 2019
Rohit Sharma Records
- He is the only Indian Captain to score a century in T20Is.
- He is the second captain to score a double century in ODIs after Virender Sehwag.
- He has also registered the most number of ducks by an Indian in T20 Internationals. (6)
- Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 300 sixes in T20 cricket.
- Rohit Sharma is the fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to hit 300 international sixes.
- Rohit Sharma is the only Indian and second in the world to hit three T20Is centuries.
- Rohit Sharma holds the record of hitting the most number of T20Is centuries along with Colin Munro.
- Rohit Sharma is the second-fastest opener in the world to 5000 ODI runs. He took 102 innings to do so.
- Rohit Sharma is the second-fastest opener in the world to 4000 ODI runs. He took 83 innings to do so.
- Rohit Sharma is the second-highest run-scorer for India in T20Is only behind Virat Kohli.
- On 2 October 2015, Sharma became the second Indian to make a century in T20I cricket, thus becoming the highest scorer in a single T20I innings for India. He scored 106 off 66 balls. This record was broken when K. L. Rahul scored 110* against West Indies on 27 August 2016. Sharma reclaimed it on 22 December 2017 by scoring 118.
- Sharma became the second Indian after Suresh Raina to have scored a century each in each of the three forms of International Cricket.
- On 13 November 2014, Sharma became the highest individual ODI scorer with 264 runs against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata. He also became the only player to hit three double hundreds in ODI cricket match.
- Sharma broke the record set by Shane Watson for Most runs from fours and sixes in an innings by scoring 186 runs in boundaries.
- With 33 fours, Sharma hit the most number of fours in an ODI inning.
- Sharma has the highest number of sixes, 16, in an ODI inning.
- On 12 January 2016, Sharma scored 171* against Australia in a one-day international between India and Australia at Perth. This is the highest score by a visiting batsman against Australia in Australia. The previous top score against Australia in Australia was Viv Richards’ 153 not out at the MCG in 1979–80.
- On 13 December 2017, Rohit scored 208* against Sri Lanka to register his 3rd ODI double-century of his career, becoming the only batsman to score three double centuries in ODI history.
- On 22 December 2017, against Sri Lanka, Rohit scored the 2nd T20I century of his career and the joint-fastest century with David Miller in T20 International cricket (35 balls).
- He became only the fifth player to score 2 international T20I centuries after Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis and Colin Munro. His knock of 118 was also the highest individual score by an Indian cricketer in T20Is.
- With 66 sixes, Sharma hit the most number of sixes in a year (2017).
- 91.52 – Percentage of runs scored in boundaries by Rohit – 108 out of 118. This is the highest for any T20I innings of 30 or more balls.
- He had scored the most number of sixes i.e. 10 by an Indian batsman in T20Is.
- He also holds the record for hitting the most number of fours by an Indian batsman in T20Is i.e. 12 in an innings, he did it twice.
- With his knock of 208 in Mohali, Rohit also became the 3rd player to score the most number of 150s (5) in ODI cricket in history drawing level with Sachin Tendulkar and David Warner. Previously.
- Tied with MS Dhoni for captaining a team to three IPL titles.
- First-person to score a century in all formats of the game in a single tour.
- Most sixes for India in T20Is.
- Most sixes by a Batsmen in T20Is
- Most 50+ scores in T20Is.
- Rohit Sharma brought up 8000 runs in ODI cricket in the 5th ODI against Australia at the Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi. He became the joint-fastest (200 innings) to the landmark along with former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly.
All posts tagged "Rohit Sharma"
- / 1 week ago
Rohit Sharma recently became the leading six-hitter in Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) during the second game of the three-match series against the...
- / 2 weeks ago
Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli cleared all speculations before leaving for the West Indies tour. He denied all rumours of...
- / 3 weeks ago
Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has denied news of issues between him and his deputy Rohit Sharma. He has vouched...
Post India’s massacre at World Cup 2019 there has been a lot of talks about the issues Indian team is facing....
With the semi-final loss against New Zealand India’s dream run for World Cup 2019 shattered. While there are praises and criticisms...
Former Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir criticized Virat Kohli as a captain just before India’s semi-final match against New Zealand. The Indian team...
The hitman, Rohit Sharma hit yet another century in World Cup 2019 and helped India to put a 300+ score. This...
Rohit Sharma’s dubious dismissal raised a lot of eyebrows yesterday in the match against West Indies. Now Sharma himself tweeted photos...
Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar seems to be impressed with the pace attack of Pakistan cricket team. In an exclusive chat...