If India’ bowling attack is respected by one and all in the world cricket today, the main man behind it is Jasprit Bumrah. Indian once had real issues with death-over bowling. Bumrah came as a death-over specialist who is equally able to deliver Yorkers to give breakthroughs. Let’s look at some of the interesting facts about Jasprit Bumrah.
1. At the age of seven Bumrah lost his father and they were in deep soup. He was raised by his mother singlehandedly and always wanted to settle in Canada. Till the age of 14, he did not realize his passion for the game. Virat Kohli’s leading bowler once had only one pair of shoes that he would wear regularly for practice. “After that we couldn’t afford anything. I had one pair of shoes. I used to have one pair of T-shirt. I used to wash them every day and use it again and again.”
2. With his first game for Gujarat in the 2013-14 season, JaspritBumrah grabbed all the attention. He scalped seven wickets with his unique action against Vidarbha in Nagpur. Eventually, Bumrah ended up by recording the most number of wickets to his name for Gujarat in that Ranji Trophy.
3. John Wright was the first one to see the spark in the young gun. During a match in 2013 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, the medium-pacer went wicketless but caught the eyes of Wright. Immediately after the match, Bumrah got a call from Mumbai Indians for IPL contract.
4. Bumrah’s IPL debut was another impressive story. His first scalp was none other than Virat Kohli. The 19year-old back then took two more wickets and ended with 3/32 in his first IPL game against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
5. The surprise package of Mumbai Indians had all the gifted action but did not have the right direction. Bumrah who never thought of being a cricketer came to the scene by chance. He had no planning and no idea of using his variant abilities. His senior colleague in Mumbai Indians came to his rescue. Lasith Malinga, the legend is the reason behind the growth of Jasprit Bumrah, as a deadly death over specialist.
6. Bumrah’s ability to bowl yorkers throughout and handle death overs with absolute brilliance helped him get his call up in the national team a place in the Indian team. He played his first game for India in 2016. He played a key role in India sealing the series 3-0. Bumrah finished the series as the highest wicket-taker.
7. Jasprit Bumrah was India’s 290th player to have appeared in white jersey. His first Test against South Africa saw him starting another brilliant journey by picking up the great AB de Villiers as his first wicket. But this was not his first face-off with the Proteas batter. In 2014 during IPL Bumrah dismissed ABDV and gave him an indecent send-off. After a lot of criticism, the young man took to Twitter to ask for a public apology.
No live match currently in Progress!
No Upcoming match yet!
No completed match yet!
Quetta Gladiators beat Islamabad United by 3 wickets
Karachi Kings beat Peshawar Zalmi by 10 runs
Multan Sultans beat Lahore Qalandars by 5 wickets
Peshawar Zalmi beat Quetta Gladiators by 6 wickets
More in Cricket News
While Royal Challengers Bangalore had a terrible day on the field today, their bowlers...
KL Rahul did not have a great start to this IPL as a player...
IPL 2020: Here’s the Reason why Chris Morris is not Playing today against Royal Challengers Bangalore
Royal Challengers will have to play at least one more IPL 2020 match without...
Oeiras CC will take on Alvalade CC at Cartaxo Cricket Ground, Cartaxo, in the...