In India, cricket is not just a sport. It is a part of life. The game is followed by everyone, knowingly or unknowingly. The craze of cricket in India is paramount. The tremendous growth of the IPL has given youngsters a platform to showcase their talent on a global stage. The number of cricket academies in India is also on the rise. If you are looking for the best cricket academy in India, then this blog is for you.
Cricket is a sport that Indians are extremely passionate about, and some of the best players in the world, such as MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Sunil Gavaskar, and Kapil Dev, have graced it with their presence. Many people look up to these players, and they have greatly influenced the decision of many children to participate in this sport.
This is due to the rise of cricket academies in India. In recent years, there has been a lot of emphasis on the infrastructure and facilities of the academies. The academies not only look after players’ technical aspects but also works on the mental and physical aspects too.
As a result, new talent emerges every year, with many talented young people proudly representing India. If you love the game and want to make a career out of it, enroll in the top cricket academy in India.
In this blog, let us have a look at the best cricket academies in India:
1. National Cricket Academy, Bangalore
The National Cricket Academy, the best cricket academy in India, is situated in Bangalore’s Chinnaswamy Stadium. In collaboration with Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, and Ravi Shastri, it was built as a BCCI training facility in 2000. The academy offers first-rate, top-notch facilities.
The top young players from across the nation and the world attend this academy. Here, you may frequently witness cricket players practicing who want to make a comeback after an injury or who want to regain their form.
Facilities at NCA:
- Three synthetic wickets are included in the academy’s indoor amenities.
- Includes a separate facility with 18 grass, 3 cement practice wickets, and 6 center wickets in addition to the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Four bowling lanes are available for use by NCA trainees for practice sessions.
- Indoor facilities also include lecture halls and physiotherapy offices.
2. Karnataka Institute of Cricket, Bangalore
Karnataka Institute of Cricket is one of the best cricket academies in India. It is based in Bangalore and provides training all year round. Additionally, this academy provides virtual training as well as instruction in bowling, batting, and one-on-one coaching. It is the only cricket academy in India that is open for 15 hours a day, every day of the year. There are more than 40 coaches in the club. Modern amenities include coaching analysis tools and cutting-edge technology. All learners from remote locations are also provided with housing by the institution.
Fees: INR 51,000 per year
Facilities at Karnataka Institute of Cricket:
- Provides all India tournament experience for juniors (ages 10 to 13) and seniors (ages 19 and up).
- A hostel for out-of-town trainees, floodlights for instruction after dusk, transit options, and fitness instructors.
- Thirty fully covered nets with wickets made of ‘coir’ matting, artificial turf, and cement, together with six bowling machines, are also available.
- Facility for audiovisual training.
- Quintic digital equipment, the PitchVision video analysis system, and Speed all run radar scans.
3. Sehwag Cricket Academy, Jhajjar
This cricket academy was founded by Virender Sehwag in 2011, and ever since, it has become the best cricket academy. Renowned international cricketers frequently visit the academy as guest coaches in addition to the program’s highly experienced staff of instructors. Ranji players frequently teach the students helpful tips.
The athletes make the most of their time and get knowledge from the best in the nation in such a setting. The program works to increase the athletes’ adaptability so they can play anywhere and on any type of pitch. They keep a variety of pitches available for batsmen, spinners, pacers, and all-rounders for this reason.
Annual fees: INR 27,000
Facilities at Sehwag Cricket Academy:
- Organize for Virender Sehwag and other international cricketers to visit and hold discussions
- Often analyze matches and use other methods to assess players’ abilities and capabilities.
- Through a variety of sporting venues that meet international standards and an indoor pool, SCA places a strong emphasis on physical development.
- Interacting with competitors at the national and international levels gives SCA’s students additional chances.
4. Cricket Academy of Pathans, Delhi
The Pathan brothers established the institution with the goal of offering top-notch instruction at a reasonable cost. This cricket training program in Delhi places an emphasis on the complete development of students who are instructed by knowledgeable trainers. Famous former members of the Indian cricket team Yusuf Pathan and Irfan Pathan share helpful advice with the players.
Fees: INR 37000
Facilities Cricket Academy of Pathans:
- All students receive frequent sessions from trained physiotherapists to ensure they are as fit as possible.
- Professional nutritionists and sports psychologists are available to the pupils, who can receive their assistance in establishing healthy eating habits and fostering mental toughness.
- Guest sessions with Pathan Brothers, who give insights to the players
5. VB Cricket Academy, Chennai
The VB Cricket Institution, founded in 1997 by former Indian opening batsman V.B. Chandrasekhar, is another well-known cricket institution in India. The Chennai-based academy serves age groups from 6 to 19 years old with a variety of advanced and foundational courses.
The coaching programs at the academy put a strong emphasis on fielding, batting, and bowling as well as all other facets of the game. The course emphasizes the development of basic and advanced batting methods and skills. The course’s creative fielding workouts and programs are sure to help students’ fielding abilities.
Fees: INR 9000 to INR 14000
Facilities at VB Cricket Academy
- Video analysis sessions and bowling machine drills.
- Individual attention, video session analysis, a physical training regimen, beach training, bowling machine practice
- Regular match preparation on the Turf Wickets are all part of the coaching techniques.
6. Vengsarkar Cricket Academy (VCA), Mumbai
The Vengsarkar Cricket Academy (VCA), which was founded in 1994, is listed as the second-best cricket academy in India. It became one of India’s most renowned cricket academies with a global presence. Dilip Vengsarkar, a former Indian cricketer and cricket administrator, established the program in 2014 at the Cricket Club of India (CCI).
It has a great history, which is demonstrated by the substantial number of participants from throughout the globe. VCA is a prime illustration of dedication to unwaveringly high coaching standards.
Fees: Around INR 7000 for three months
Facilities at Vengsarkar Cricket Academy
- A complete professional cricket coaching program covering all facets of coaching cricket is offered, as well as turf wicket and physical training.
- Over 150 young boys aged 11 to 19 are coached and trained by VCA annually, but only a select handful of them perform exceptionally well in the academy’s home event.
7. Sonnet Cricket Club, Delhi
The Sonnet Cricket Club earns a spot among the top ten cricket academies in India. The Sonnet Club, one of Delhi’s oldest and top cricket academies, was established in 1969 by Mr. Tarak Sinha, the club’s founder and head coach. You might be astonished to learn that some of the most well-known figures in Indian cricket, like Shikhar Dhawan, Virender Sehwag, Rishabh Pant, Manoj Prabhakar, and Ashish Nehra, came from this club.
Fees: Starting from INR 3500 INR monthly
Facilities at Sonnet Cricket Club
- Small group coaches carry out their work under the direction of the Head Coach in a methodical way.
- Technical discussions that are interactive with aspiring players.
- Specialized coaching and mentorship for underachieving players.
- A thorough technical analysis of talented young players.
8. Madan Lal Cricket Academy, Delhi
One of Delhi’s top cricket academies, this institution, overseen by former Indian cricketer Madan Lal offers a first-rate playing environment. This academy, one of the most exclusive in India, only accepts players with the highest level of talent.
The academy features two head coaches: Australia’s Andrew Dawson and Blake Moore, who is widely considered as the top junior coach in the world. The institution seeks to develop gifted kids into elite cricket players.
Fees: Ranging from INR 2500- 3500 INR monthly
Facilities at Madan Lal Cricket Academy
- Madan Lal, a former Indian cricketer, is available for private practice sessions.
- The training environments and fields for bowlers and batsmen differ.
- The academy has two bowling machines, four turf wickets, three cement wickets, video analysis software, and three wickets.
9. Jaipur Cricket Academy, Jaipur
Jaipur Cricket Academy, founded by former Indian cricketer Shamsher Singh, is another on the list of top cricket academies in India. The Jaipur Cricket Academy seeks to give young, aspiring cricketers the skills they need to continuously improve their game and have more self-confidence. Devendra Pal Singh and Mohammad Habib, two well-known cricketers, serve as the academy’s head coach and assistant coach, respectively.
Fees: INR 28,000 to 30,000 per anum
Facilities at Jaipur Cricket Academy
- JCA also holds a number of district-level competitions to assess trainees’ chances of succeeding in competitive cricket.
- There are more than 4 turfs and cement wickets with bowling machines accessible.
- The session has skilled and experienced coaches, and it is structured, productive, and, most importantly, entertaining.
10. National School of Cricket, Dehradun
The National School of Cricket, a joint venture between Abhimanyu Cricket Academy and Asian School, comes in second on the list of cricket academies in India. Its goal is to become the premier breeding place for young and rising talent in the nation.
Facilities at the National School of Cricket
- Three indoor pitches; Hence students can practice all 12 months
- Top Quality Gym
- Table Tennis Hall to enhance the reflexes of the pupil.
Stay updated with all the cricketing action, follow Cricadium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram