Chris Gayle is a West Indies International Cricketer. He made his first international appearance in an ODI against India at Toronto CSCC, Sep 11, 1999. He is known for his fearless batting across all format.
Full Name: Chris Gayle
NickName: Universe Boss
Birth Date: September 21, 1979
Birthplace: Kingston, Jamaica
Jersey Number: 97
Height: 6 ft 3 in
Batting Style: Left-Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm off-break
Stanford Superstars, Kolkata Knight Riders, ICC World XI, West Indies, Western Australia, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sydney Thunder, Barisal Burners, Somerset, Uva Next, Dhaka Gladiators, Jamaica Tallawahs, Dolphins, Lions, Barisal Bulls, Melbourne Renegades, Lahore Qalandars, Chittagong Vikings, Karachi Kings, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Cape Town Knight Riders, Rangpur Riders, Kings XI Punjab, Vancouver Knights, UWI Vice Chancellors XI, Balkh Legends, Jozi Stars, Kerala Knights
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
Chris Gayle’s International and IPL Debut
Test debut vs Zimbabwe at Queen’s Park Oval, Mar 16, 2000
Last Test vs Bangladesh at Arnos Vale Ground, Sep 05, 2014
ODI debut vs India at Toronto CSCC, Sep 11, 1999
Last ODI vs Afghanistan at Headingley, Jul 04, 2019
T20 debut vs New Zealand at Eden Park, Feb 16, 2006
Last T20 vs England at Warner Park, Mar 08, 2019
IPL debut vs Delhi Capitals at Feroz Shah Kotla, May 22, 2008
Last IPL vs Chennai Super Kings at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, May 05, 2019
Chris Gayle Records
- Chris Gayle is the 2nd Windies player after Brian Lara and 14th overall to have crossed the 10000-run mark in ODI cricket.
- He became the first Windies player to reach 4000 runs at home.
- He is the first batsman to hit 500 sixes in international cricket. Also, after Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi, he became the 2nd batsman to hit 300 ODI sixes.
- First batsman to score a century in each of international cricket’s three formats of the game.
- First (and so far only) batsman to score a triple century in Test cricket, a double century in ODI cricket and a century in T20 internationals. First batsman to score a T20I century, in the 2007 World T20. He’s also the only batsman to score two World T20 tons.
- First batsman (now equalled) to score a T20I century in both winning and losing cause and when batting first as well as when batting second.
- Gayle is the only player to score centuries in ICC U19 World Cup, ICC World Twenty20, ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy as well as in ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier.
- In World Cup 2015, he hit the fastest ever ODI double century, against Zimbabwe, off 138 balls.
- Third batsman to score a century against eleven different countries in ODIs.
- First international player to carry his bat through a completed inning (one where his side lost all ten wickets) in Twenty20 International. He is also the only player to carry his bat in both Tests and T20Is.
- Fastest ODI fifty by West Indies batsmen. (50 runs in 19 balls).
- Most runs in a single ICC Champions Trophy series (474 runs).
- Most sixes in International cricket (515).
- Second most sixes in T20I (103).
- Most sixes (39) in a bilateral ODI series (4 Innings vs England in 2019).
- The first player to hit all 6 balls in an over for four in Test cricket.
- The first player to hit the first ball of a Test match for six.
- Along with Marlon Samuels, he holds the record for the highest ever ODI stand for any wicket (372 runs for 2nd wicket).
- Along with Devon Smith, he set the record for the highest opening stand in ICC World T20 history (145 runs).
- Most number of sixes hit by an individual at the ICC Cricket World Cup history (40).
All posts tagged "Chris Gayle"
- / 4 days ago
West Indies great Chris Gayle confirmed he hasn’t retired from ODI cricket yet. Despite walking off to a standing ovation after...
- / 2 weeks ago
Rohit Sharma recently became the leading six-hitter in Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) during the second game of the three-match series against the...
- / 2 months ago
West Indies smasher Chris Gayle once again has considered his international retirement. Now Gayle will retire from international cricket after the...
- / 4 months ago
Two things that are currently ruling the entertainment industry are the Indian Premier League and Game of Thrones. While the Indian...
The Ireland National Cricket team will host Windies and Bangladesh for the Tri-Nation series which will start from 5th May. This...
Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Capitals take on each other in the 13th match of IPL. The crowd at the PCA...
Mumbai Indians met Kings XI Punjab at the PCA Stadium, Mohali in the 9th match of IPL 2019. The hosts went...
Kolkata Knight Riders met Kings XI Punjab at the Eden Gardens in the 6th game of IPL 2019. Both teams, having...