Ravichandran Ashwin is an Indian International Cricketer. He made his first international appearance in an ODI against Sri Lanka at Harare Sports Club, Jun 05, 2010. He is the third Indian bowler to take a hat-trick in an ODI. In 2016, he was awarded ICC Cricketer of the Year award hence becoming the third Indian to win this award.
Full Name: Ravichandran Ashwin
Birth Date: September 17, 1986
Birthplace: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Jersey Number: 99
Height: 6 ft 0 in
Role: Bowling Allrounder
Batting Style: Right Handed Bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm off-break
Ravichandran Ashwin’s International and IPL Debut
Test debut vs West Indies at Feroz Shah Kotla, Nov 06, 2011
Last Test vs Australia at Adelaide Oval, Dec 06, 2018
ODI debut vs Sri Lanka at Harare Sports Club, Jun 05, 2010
Last ODI vs West Indies at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Jun 30, 2017
T20 debut vs Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club, Jun 12, 2010
Last T20 vs West Indies at Sabina Park, Jul 09, 2017
IPL debut vs Mumbai Indians at Newlands, Apr 18, 2009
Last IPL vs Chennai Super Kings at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, May 05, 2019
Ravichandran Ashwin Awards and Achievements
- Arjuna Award: 2014
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- BCCI’s Dilip Sardesai Award for India’s best cricketer: 2010–11, 2015–16
- BCCI Polly Umrigar Award for international cricketer of the year: 2012–13
- ICC Test Player of the Year: 2016
- ICC Cricketer of the Year: 2016
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: 2016–17
Ravichandran Ashwin Records
- First Indian bowler and the second-fastest in the world to reach 200 Test wickets
- First Indian bowler and 5th fastest in the world to reach 100 Test wickets
- He is the first Indian cricketer to score a century and take five wickets in the same Test match on two separate instances.
- He also scored a hundred and took nine wickets when India played against West Indies at the Wankhede Stadium in 2011.
- He became the fastest Indian to record 50 wickets in Test matches as he overhauled the milestone in his ninth game.
- He is the quickest Indian to reach 500 runs and 50 wickets.
- On 10 October 2016, Ashwin took his 20th five-wicket haul, making him the third-fastest to reach the landmark.
- In India’s 2016-17 home season, Ashwin took 64 wickets in 13 Tests, becoming the highest wicket-taker for India in a single domestic season.
- He became the fastest bowler to take 25 fifers in test history in terms of matches(47) and in terms of innings(89).
- Ashwin became the fastest bowler to reach 300 Test wickets in his 54th Test.
All posts tagged "Ravichandran Ashwin"
Two things that are currently ruling the entertainment industry are the Indian Premier League and Game of Thrones. While the Indian...
Ravichandran Ashwin and his Mankad have been in the news more than any other thing in IPL 2019. Ever since he...
Ravichandran Ashwin and innovation go hand in hand. Whenever the off-spinner is bowling, he keeps coming up variations. The Kings XI...
Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Capitals take on each other in the 13th match of IPL. The crowd at the PCA...
Mankad has been the buzz word in the world of cricket these days. Social media is flooded with people with divided...
Ravichandran Ashwin has been in the news during this year’s IPL. The captain of Kings XI Punjab mankaded Jos Buttler in...
Mumbai Indians met Kings XI Punjab at the PCA Stadium, Mohali in the 9th match of IPL 2019. The hosts went...
Kolkata Knight Riders were taking on Kings XI Punjab at the Eden Gardens in the 6th game of the IPL 2019....
Ravichandran Ashwin sparked controversy in a recent game in the IPL 2019 by mankading Jos Buttler. Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan...
The Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur hosted the fourth game of the season that saw Rajasthan Royals hosting Kings XI Punjab. The...