All posts tagged "Alastair Cook"
/ 7 months ago
Live Cricket Score: Hampshire vs Essex, County Division 1 Hampshire (Playing XI): Joe Weatherley, James Vince (c), Aiden Markram, Liam Dawson, Tom...
/ 1 year ago
And the inevitable has happened. There was constant pressure on Alastair Cook to perform in the ongoing Test series against India....
/ 2 years ago
The Ashes series has finally come to an end and with that, a miserable month and a half as well for...
After England lost the urn by going down in all the first 3 Ashes Tests, fingers were raised on the former...
England suffered a massive defeat by 10 wickets at the hands of Australia in the first Ashes Test in Brisbane. A...
/ 2 years ago
Just when we thought Windies were down and out and no way were they capable of competing against a quality Test...
England’s newly appointed skipper of the Test team, Joe Root recalled an incident that happened 15 years ago when he turned...
/ 2 years ago
Embed from Getty Images “They came, they dominated, they won,” that was the script that England produced in the first Test...
More about "Alastair Cook"
Sir Alastair Cook is a former England international Cricketer. He made his first international appearance in a Test against India at Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground, Mar 01, 2006. In the year 2012, he was named Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
Full Name: Alastair Nathan Cook
Birth Date: December 25, 1984
Birthplace: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Jersey Number: 26
Height: 6 ft 2 in
Batting Style: Left-Handed Bat
England, Essex, England Cricket Board XI, England Lions
Sir Alastair Cook’s International Debut
Test debut vs India at Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground, Mar 01, 2006
Last Test vs India at Kennington Oval, Sep 07, 2018
ODI debut vs Sri Lanka at Emirates Old Trafford, Jun 28, 2006
Last ODI vs Sri Lanka at R.Premadasa Stadium, Dec 16, 2014
T20 debut vs West Indies at Kennington Oval, Jun 28, 2007
Last T20 vs South Africa at SuperSport Park, Nov 15, 2009
Sir Alastair Cook Awards and Achievements
- In 2011 he became the ICC Test Player of The Year & ICC World Test XI opening batsmen.
- In the year 2012, he was named Wisden Cricketer of the year.
- He became the ICC World Test XI captain in the year 2013,2014 & 2015.
Sir Alastair Cook Records
- He is 16th England player to score a century on his debut.
- Only England player (second worldwide) to score 1,000 runs in the maiden year.
- He along with Andrew Strauss holds the record for England’s record opening stand against West Indies (229)
- He along with Jonathan Trott holds the record for England’s record partnership in Australia, world record partnership and innings at the Gabba (329).
- He holds England’s record for runs scored and time spent at the crease between dismissals (383 runs in 1,053 minutes).
- He holds the record of most Test centuries for England.
- He is the first captain worldwide to score a century in the first five Tests.
- He is England’s highest run-scorer in India (866 runs).
- He is the first England cricketer to be involved in 50 Test wins.
- He is England’s most capped player in Tests, by surpassing Alec Stewart’s record of 134, and also England’s most-capped Test captain, by surpassing Mike Atherton’s record of 54.
- He had played the most consecutive Test matches of all time, by surpassing Allan Border’s record of 153.
- Youngest England player to score 2,000, 3,000, 4,000, 5,000 and 6,000 Test runs.
- Youngest player (from any country) to score 6,000, 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000 and 12,000 runs in Test cricket.
- Second opener (after Indian opener Sunil Gavaskar) to reach over 10,000 Test runs, the first opener to reach over 11,000 and 12,000 Test runs.